Saturday, December 18, 2010

I Heart Faces - Fix It Friday #81

Every Friday this website does a "Fix-It-Friday" where a photographer shares an image, in this case the photographer was Michelle Johnson for everyone to do their edits and see all the fun and creative ideas people come up with. I LOVE editing. I currently use CS3 for all my edits.

Here is the original SOOC (straight out of camera) shot:
I thought it was absolutely gorgeous, BUT I did my own take on it.


Here is the first edit. It has been sharpened, and warmed up. I used the burn tool on her eyelashes to make them pop more. Both of their skin has been smoothed out, her lips were saturated a little using the sponge tool (a tool I love to use on any object where I want to either saturate or desaturate a color on a specific area). Picture was also ran through noiseware. I loved the SOOC cropping, and love things to be off centered, and liked how the couple was off to the right and not right in the center. I did however, crop it in just a bit.


And edit #2 was done in black and white with a brown filter to give it a warmer tone. I always do this on my black and whites. Also skin smoothing and some sharpening. Picture was also ran through noiseware.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Love your edits ... especially the creamy black and white! Your music took me back a few years, too! Love it! Have a great day! :)

Bailey Family said...

Love it! Gosh you are so up on your photoshop! You go girl! Still need to come and sit by you one day as you edit. You are just amazing!

Celesa Felix said...

what is the noiseware that you use?

Lucy said...

I love the b&w version, I too prefer a brown and white as apposed to a black and white but I use a dark chocolate brown and cream colour gradient or turn my b&w to sepia ;)